Need a cooling and healthy drink to reboot your system after Chinese New Year?
Check out this easy and healthy purple corn drink recipe before you throw away your Mandarin oranges peels!
The recipe below has been modified from the traditional Peruvian version with the use of purple corn extract powder, Mandarin orange peel, red instead of green apple. 🙂
For boiling then simmering:
- 12 cups of water (around 2.5 L)
- 2 tbsp of Antioxidant Peruvian Purple Corn 30:1 extract powder (if prefer lighter purple colour, just use 1 tbsp)
- Peels of 1 whole pineapple (flesh to be diced and retained for serving)
- Peel of 1 whole Mandarin orange
- 3 cinnamon sticks or 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp whole cloves
To add after simmering:
- 1 cup of brown sugar or coconut sugar or raw honey
- 2 limes, freshly squeezed juice
- 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 whole pineapple, diced (from above)
- 1 red apple, peeled and diced
To a large pot, add water, pineapple peels, Mandarin orange peel, cinnamon, and cloves. Heat over high heat to bring it to boil.
Once boiled, reduce heat to medium-low, add 2 tbsp of Antioxidant Peruvian Purple Corn 30:1 extract powder (1 tbsp if prefer a lighter purple colour) and simmer for 45 minutes.
This purple mixture is called ‘Chica’.
Remove Chicha from the heat. Pour in the sugar/honey of your choice, fresh lime juice and lemon juice. Strain the liquid or scoop out the peels. Refrigerate until cold.
To serve, add 1 tbsp of diced pineapple and apple to a glass, pour in Chicha and serve cold.
The Star Ingredient
- An all-rounder natural antioxidant that keeps your body’s free radicals in check, protects you from lifestyle diseases, so that you don’t need to worry about spending more on other antioxidants
- Natural high strength extract 30:1 (30kg of purple corn into 1 kg of extract powder)
- A spectacular ORAC value of 96,300 µmoleTE/100g!
- Helps to regulate blood pressure, cholesterol and more
- Get it here!