Imported from Peru, EU certified organic
Fresh batch, best before: Aug 2025
Maca Vitae® is a trademark that guarantees the authenticity of Andean maca, imported directly from the Peruvian highlands (departments of Junin 4500 meters of altitude) where maca’s reputation was born. There grows the best and highest quality maca. Due to worldwide demands, maca has been being introduced in other regions and countries (e.g. China) but the quality of maca is just not reproducible or comparable to that grown in the high Andes.
- Red maca has the highest antioxidant level of all Maca varieties
- Boosts overall energy and vitality
- Balances hormones – support with menopause, acne, thyroid and other hormonal problems related to the endocrine system.
- Protective effects on bone density
- Supports a healthy libido and sex drive
- Protective effects on prostate – important for men over 40
Grown in the high Peruvian Andes, Maca is a turnip root-like superfoods, one of the few considered to be an “adaptogen“, that is able to raise overall life force, energy and vitality, and support what your body needs to balance – especially your hormonal system. Because of these adaptive properties, it is also called the Peruvian Ginseng.
Not all Maca varieties are the same. Yellow is the most common variety, followed by Red and Black Maca.
Red Maca, also called Purple Maca, contains the highest amount of carotene, niacin, Vitamin C and zinc than other maca varieties. Red Maca has a high nutritional profile and protein content, more than any other roots. Its calcium content is even higher than other plants.
Red Maca is recommended for
- Women suffering from hormonal imbalance
- Anyone who wish to feel young again with a boost in energy and vitality
- Women looking to increase libido (men should try Black Maca for this purpose)
- Bone density support
- Men looking to use Maca for prostate support
Maca is a nutritional powerhouse, containing
- 13-16% protein, 19 essential amino acids
- 8.5% fibre
- vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C and D, minerals iron, magnesium, copper, zinc, sodium, potassium, calcium
- 20 free fatty acids, several glucosinolates
- unique polyunsaturated fatty acids called macaenes and macamides, which stimulate our body to balance our homornal system.
The term “Gelatinized Maca” has nothing to do with gelatin or containing any gelatin. Gelatinization is a process where Maca roots are boiled and pressurized to remove starch content. The resulting Gelatinized Maca powder is easier to digest, and gentler on the stomach than Raw Maca powders.
Start with 3 capsules (1.5g), work your way up to 6 capsules (3g) a day in the morning, preferably with meals. For relief of severe menopause symptoms, you may need up to 6g of Red Maca (12 capsules).
- Consider your weight. The dosage levels we recommend above are for people who weigh 75 kg. Bigger people can generally take more.
- Consider your overall health and age. A 30 year old athlete can start taking a higher Maca dosage than a 75 year old retiree. The younger and healthier you are the more you can start with.
- Timing – Maca can energise some people to the point where it’s difficult to fall asleep. If you experience this, try not to take Maca after 2pm.
- Cycle on and off – That means take Maca every day for a few months and then take a break. This allows the cell receptors that detect Maca to have a break too, so they don’t get too clever and try to shut down because you are getting Maca so regularly.
This product is a food supplement and therefore should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
*Research studies link (hover over the texts and click to go to the research paper):