USDA and EU certified organic • Halal certified • Gluten Free • No Additives • Non GMO • Raw • Vegan
Ingredient: 100% organic elderberry 10:1 extract (Sambucus nigra L.)
- Net weight 80g in a resealable food pouch.
- Keep refrigerated once opened, this powder may agglomerate if not tightly sealed.
- Best before 18 Nov 2023.
Elderberry or Black Elder is a dark purple berry from the European elder tree.
Elderberry has a long history as a treatment for cold and flu symptoms, as well as viral infection and is one of the most-used medicinal plants worldwide. Antiviral and antimicrobial properties have been demonstrated in elderberry extracts.(1)
Why you’ll love our Organic Elderberry 10:1 extract Powder
- USDA and EU certified organic
- Halal certified
- 10:1 extract concentrating 10kg of nutrients into 1 kg
- Gluten free, Non GMO
- Suitable for vegan
- No additives, carriers, preservatives
- Elderberries are packed with immune system supporting antioxidants:
- Flavonols (quercetin, kaempferol, isorhamnetin)
- Phenolic acids
- These antioxidants help to boost the immune system’s natural protective response when faced with an infection
- Elderberry extracts have been shown to help reduce the severity and length of flu. (1)
- Improve upper respiratory symptoms – a meta-analysis of elderberry supplementation showed substantial reduction of upper respiratory symptoms from cold and flu.(2)
- Good source of dietary fibre, our extract contains 18% of dietary fibre.
Per 100g: Energy 730 kcal, Carbohydrates 85g – of which sugar 25 g, Fibre* 18 g, Protein 5 g, Fat 2 g
*includes non-digestible carbohydrates that have a beneficial effect in human as defined by FDA Nutrition Facts labeling guidelines 2016.
- Add 2 teaspoons (approx. 2.5g) to water, juices, smoothies, breakfast bowls, salads, yoghurt, ice cream
- To make elderberry syrup, dissolve 2 tablespoons in 1 cup of simmering water, simmer under low heat until bubbling, remove from heat, add 1 tablespoon of honey or to taste.
- Phytother Res 2017 Apr;31(4):533-554.
- Complement Ther Med 2019 Feb;42:361-365.
Country of origin: Latvia
Processed in China
There are no reviews yet.