USDA and EU certified organic • Halal certified • Gluten Free • No Additives . No Added Sugar • Non GMO • Raw • Vegan
Ingredient: 100% Organic beetroot powder (Beta vulgaris L. var. rapacea Koch)
- Net weight 120g vacuum packed in a resealable food pouch.
- Keep refrigerated once opened.
- Best before: Apr 2025
Beetroot has been ranked among the 10 most potent antioxidant vegetables.
In particular, beetroot contains the reddish to violet betalain pigments (a type of betacyanins) which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Beetroot is also rich in nitrates, which helps to boost our body’s levels of nitric oxide – a gas naturally occurring in our body that tells our blood vessels to expand (vasodilate), increasing blood flow and lowering blood pressure.
The nitrates content in beetroot help support exercise endurance, improve athlete performance, and also help bring more oxygen to the muscle cells, enabling more efficient muscle recovery.
Beetroot is also a rich source of essential vitamins and minerals, including folate, vitamin B6, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, copper and zinc.
Why you’ll love our Organic Beetroot Powder
- USDA and EU certified organic
- Gluten free, no added sugar, non GMO and suitable for vegan
- Subtly sweet natural beetroot taste without the fuss of juicing it and staining your hands
- Nitrates in beetroot has been found to improve blood pressure in people who are not taking anti-hypertensive medications (ref 1).
- Betalains in beetroot reduces inflammation (ref 2).
- Nitrates and betalains in beetroot help boost athletic performance by increasing blood flow and oxygen to the muscles (ref 3, 4).
- As beetroot is rich in iron, it can help prevent anemia
- Vitamin A, vitamin B6, and iron in beetroot help protect the liver from inflammation and oxidative stress while enhancing its ability to remove toxins from the body.
- A rich source of essential vitamins and minerals, including folate, vitamin B6, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, copper and zinc.
Per 100g: Energy 363.64 kcal, Fat 0.53 g – of which saturated 0.15 g, unsaturated 0.36 g Carbohydrates 81.01 g – of which sugar 11.1 g, Protein 8.71 g, Fibre 23.04 g, Sodium as Na 540.87 mg, Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Add 1 tablespoon (approx. 4g) to plain water, protein shakes, smoothies, breakfast bowls, yoghurt, ice cream
Kukadia S, et al. A Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Crossover Study of the Effect of Beetroot Juice Containing Dietary Nitrate on Aortic and Brachial Blood Pressure Over 24 h. Front Physiol. 2019 Feb; 10: 47.
- Cifford T, et al. The Potential Benefits of Red Beetroot Supplementation in Health and Disease. Nutrients. 2015 Apr; 7(4): 2801–2822.
- Domínguez R, et al. Effects of Beetroot Juice Supplementation on Cardiorespiratory Endurance in Athletes. A Systematic Review. Nutrients. 2017 Jan; 9(1): 43.
- Mumford PW, et al. Effect of 1-week betalain-rich beetroot concentrate supplementation on cycling performance and select physiological parameters. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 2018; 118: 2465–2476.
Country of origin: China