Hand harvested from Iceland • Wild • Air dried • No colouring • No additives • Vegan • Non-GMO
Ingredient: 100% dried wild Icelandic arctic thyme (Thymus praecox).
- Premium quality (leaves and some flowers, less stems).
- Net weight 12g in a resealable food pouch.
- Best before 8 Sep 2023.
Arctic thyme is also known as ‘mother of thyme‘ or ‘blóðberg’ in Icelandic. It grows in the wild, often in sand and rocky places. During blossoming, it produces pretty little purple flowers. This is when the wild arctic thyme is hand harvested.
We include the dried purple flowers and the resulting combination of dried thyme leaves and flowers gives a flowery, sweet and slightly spicy scent.
Arctic thyme is a very popular cooking ingredient in Iceland and has also long been used in drinks and teas for its medicinal purposes. It has antibacterial properties and is believed to have healing effects for cold, cough, flu, sinus, and upset stomachs. When brewed as tea, it can help relieve insomnia.
It has a distinct, stronger aroma than normal thyme, and gives a lovely smelling tea with subtle alpine taste.
Why you’ll love our Wild Arctic Thyme
- Grows wild in the nature in pristine Iceland
- 100% free from pesticides and any harmful chemical substances
- No additives and colouring
- Hand harvested
- Good for cold, cough, flu, sinus problems
- Relieves stomach upset
- Relieves insomnia
Per 100g: Energy 101 kcal, Fat 1.7 g – of which saturated 0,5 g, Carbohydrates 24 g – of which sugar 0 g, Protein 6 g, Salt 0 g
Brewing as a caffeine-free tea
- Place 1 tbsp of arctic thyme in tea pot and pour over boiling water.
- Cover and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain and serve, with honey and/or lemon
- Drink 2-3 times a day to resolve a cold, cough or sinus problem
As a herb or food seasoning
- Add a tsp of arctic thyme into veg, egg, meat dishes or soup.
- The fragrant arctic thyme elevates and adds dimension to the flavours
Store in a cool, dry place.
Product of Iceland.