Sulphur free • Pesticides free • Chemical free • Caffeine free • No colourants • No additives • Vegan • Non-GMO
Ingredient: Grade A culinary rose buds
Packaged in resealable, reusable pouch.
*Once open, keep in refrigerator.
Apart from expressing love, roses are edible and can be used in tea although some varieties are sweet while others are bitter.
Did you know that drinking rose tea is believed to have originated from China?
Rose tea is used in Chinese Traditional Medicine (TCM) to regulate life energy ‘qi’ and as a remedy for digestive, mood and menstrual problems.
Why you’ll love our Culinary Rose Buds
- Sulphur free
- No additives or colourants
- Handpicked from China’s capital of roses, Pingyin in Shandong Province where rose has been cultivated for over 1,300 years
- Researchers have said that Pingyin’s roses are superior quality to ordinary roses in terms of oil content, aroma and purity due to the region’s unique geographical and geological characteristics.
- Larger and fuller rose buds with vibrant colour
- Fragrant aroma with a hint of sweetness
- Rose is a good source of vitamins (A, C, E) polyphenol antioxidants and iron.
- Vitamins C and E taken together promote healthy skin.
- One study found that rose tea may reduce menstrual pain or cramps when it is drank 1 week before and during the menstrual cycle
- Research also shows that rose tea’s aroma may reduce stress and anxiety.
- Some research suggests anti-inflammatory effect in relieving arthritis
Brewing as a caffeine-free tea
- Add approx. 20 rose buds into a teapot or jug
- Pour 600 mL of boiled water at 80°C
- Let steep for 5 minutes, then serve hot as a tea (optional honey to taste)
Cooking with rose buds
Rose buds make a wonderful addition to your pantry staples, for adding a touch of class to your cooking and presentation, and there are so many possibilities! For recipes that call for rose petals, simply remove the petals from several rose buds.
Here are some ideas for rose petals:
- Add into cake, brownie and cookie dough/batter before baking
- Stir through biryani, pilau rice, couscous and any other grains
- Add to jellies and panna cotta
- Add in ice cubes (before freezing)
- Add in cocktails and mocktails
Ideas for whole rose buds:
- Use as a garnish on most desserts
Ideas for grounded rose petals:
- Add to oil or sugar, to make rose-infused oil or sugar
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Product of China.
#rosebud #rosetea #roseflowertea #flowertea #roseflower #rosebudtea