100% Organic. Gluten Free. GMO Free.
Comes in vacuum-sealed pack to preserve freshness, as there are no preservatives and additives.
Best before: Mar 2021 (Black Rice), Jun 2022 (Purple Sweet Potato), Jul 2022 (Red Rice)
- 100% unpolished organic black rice (milled)
- 100% unpolished organic red rice (milled)
- 100% organic purple sweet potato (milled)
Organic Black Rice flour
This gluten-free flour is milled from organically grown unpolished black rice, which retains its original rice bran, thus providing more fibre content, and is preferred for people who are on diet.
*Note that this flour is NOT made from the short grain sticky black rice*
Also known as forbidden rice, black rice is an ancient grain that actually has more impressive health benefits than most other closely related rice varieties such as brown rice or wild rice.
- Of all rice variety, black rice is richest in powerful disease-fighting anthocyanin antioxidants
- Also contains dietary fibre, and anti-inflammatory properties
- Rich in potassium and magnesium
- Research from NUS has found its ability to slow down absorption of carbohydrates, thus improving blood sugar control and is diabetic friendly, as reported in CNN.
Organic Red Rice flour
Compared with brown rice, red rice:
- is loaded with both soluble and insoluble fibre, with 2 times more fibre than brown rice (6.2g vs 3.1g per 100g)
- has 10 times more antioxidants than brown rice. Red rice contains anthocyanins antioxidant which gives the reddish colour.
- is a healthier choice as it has more fibre and antioxidants than brown rice.
Red rice is also very rich in essential nutrients, iron, vitamin, phosphorus and manganese.
Like black rice, red rice is suitable and good for diabetes due to the anthocyanin antioxidant.
Organic Purple Sweet Potato flour
This gluten-free flour is finely milled from organically grown purple sweet potato with purple flesh.
- High in anthocyanin antioxidants, vitamin A, vitamin C and manganese
- Good source of copper, dietary fibre, vitamin B6, potassium and iron
- Similar to Black Rice Flour, purple sweet potato has low glycemic index, thus help improve blood sugar control
*Note that this flour is made from purple fleshed NOT yellow fleshed sweet potato*
Baby food – Add 1 tablespoon to about 100ml of water simmered (not boiling) in a saucepan, and stirring continuously until it forms a paste. Use as a base for adding other food ingredients to make a complete soft food meal.
Low GI bread – Replace a small portion (20-25%) of the bread flour or whole wheat flour with black rice/brown rice/purple sweet potato flour. Do experiment with the amount, as the more you replace, the darker the purple (if you are using black rice flour), but the lesser the gluten for the bread to rise/proof, as this flour is gluten-free.
Purple GI pancakes, cakes, muffins – Add black rice/purple sweet potato flour to the batter of pancakes, cakes and muffins, to not only add an interesting purple colour but also improving the glycemic index (GI) of your baked foods!
Black rice puddings – Simplify Jamie Oliver’s recipe by using this organic black rice flour to skip the black rice overcooking and draining process!
Thickener – add a small amount to thicken soup with a wholesome flavour.
Storage: Keep in cool, dry and dark place away from light. Once opened, keep in airtight container.
Product of Indonesia